Friday, November 13, 2009

Anybody got hair transplant done here?

just wanted that if a donor area gets hair grown back there? i mean if hair are being taken from one place, does hair grows back there?



next, can receiver area be a donor area again after hair starts growing there?



any idea please?



Anybody got hair transplant done here?

I have had 2 hair transplants. the 1st one was small and expensive with fair results. the 2nd surgery was much better- big surgery, less expensive, great results. the donor hair is taken (i.e. removed) from the back and then diced up into the tiny grafts for going to the top of the head where you are balding. the part removed from the back is sewn (?sp) back together so there isn't a big missing patch. my 2nd doctor removed the scar i received from the 1st surgery (smaller surgery- bigger scar...go figure) when he was getting the hair for his surgery. no hair grows in the area where the scar is, but you can't tell because the scar is just a fine line and i still have lots of hair in the back and sides of my head.



i think your 2nd question is talking about using the hairs that have been grafted to the top again somewhere else. I don't know the answer to that, but why would you want to remove the hairs from the top after you already had a surgery to put those hairs there in the 1st place? maybe you are asking if you can get more hair from the same donor place. if so then the answer is yes because my doc. did that when he removed the scar from my 1st surgery.



Lastly, my results are very good- way better than i had been led to believe when reading some of the blogs and such. you can't tell i have had transplants unless you look at pictures of me from 5 years ago when i had way less hair.



Anybody got hair transplant done here?

Hi, the donor follicles are transplanted from the back to the front. Just like if you were moving one plant from one spot to another, it will not grow where it used to be. That area is somewhat thinner than it was. I do non-surgical hair replacement. I have clients who have gone for the procedure and the plugs are doll like looking and very unnatural. I then cover a bit closer forward to cover the bad looking procedure. I imagine some places do better jobs than others but from what I have seen, these guys have paid big money only to cover it up in disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment